The Weight of the Glass| Motivational Inspiring Stories

 

The Weight of the Glass

Once upon a time a psychology professor walked around on a stage while teaching stress management principles to an auditorium  crammed with students. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they’d be asked the standard “glass half empty or glass half full” question. Instead, with a smile on her face, the professor asked, How heavy is that this glass of water I’m holding ? Students shouted out answers starting from eight ounces to a few pounds.

She replied, “From my perspective, absolutely the weight of this glass doesn’t matter. It all depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a moment or two, it’s fairly light. If I hold it for an hour straight, its weight might make my arm ache a touch 

If I hold it for each day straight, my arm will likely cramp up and feel completely numb and paralyzed, forcing me to drop the glass to the ground . In each case, the load of the glass doesn’t change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it feels to me.

The Weight of the Glass| Motivational Inspiring Stories

As the class shook their heads in agreement, she continued, Your stresses and worries in life are considerably like this glass of water. 

Believe them for a short time and zip happens. believe them a touch longer and you start to ache a touch believe all of them day long, and you'll feel completely numb and paralyzed incapable of doing anything until you drop them.”

 Moral: It’s important to recollect to abandoning of your stresses and worries. Regardless of what happens during the day, as early within the evening as you'll  put all of your burdens down. Don’t carry them through the night and into subsequent day with you.

 If you continue to feel the load of yesterday’s stress, it’s a robust sign that it’s time to place the glass down. Angel and that i discuss this process of letting enter the Adversity and Self-Love chapters of 1,000 Little Things Happy, Successful People Do Differently.

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments