God's People || A True Story Of A Poor Honest Man

 God's People|| A True Story Of  Poor Honest Man

Qudratullah Shehab, a former deputy commissioner of Jhang district, in his autobiography "Shahabnameh" One day, Rehmat Elahi, a primary school teacher Of Jhang, came to my office. He was due to retire in a few months. He had three young daughters and no home to live in. The pension will be very meager. He was worried about where he would live after retirement. How will the girls get married, how will the food and drink be spent? He whispered to me that in the world of trouble, he had been praying to Allah Almighty in Tahajjud for many months.

A few days ago, he had a dream visit of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) in which the Holy Prophet (PBUH) said that you should go to Jhang and tell the Deputy Commissioner about your problem. Allah will help you. At first I suspected that this person was trying to blackmail me emotionally by telling a false dream.

God's People || A True Story Of A Poor Honest Man

Seeing the signs of doubt and hesitation on my face, the Divine Mercy became impatient and said, "Sir, I am not lying. If he spoke, he might have spoken in the name of God, but how can I lie in the name of the Holy Prophet? I was surprised at his logic that you have not heard that "God be mad and Mustafa beware." Hearing this, my suspicion was not completely dispelled but I thought that even if this person is using misrepresentation, he is resorting to the name of such a great being whose lodge is the duty of all of us. So I asked Rahmat to come back in three weeks.

During this time I secretly traced his personal situation and it was confirmed that he is known in his area as a very truthful, pure and pious man of fasting and prayers and his domestic situation is the same as he described.

For some time during this period, the provincial government had given the Deputy Commissioners the power to give up to eight square meters of government barren land to aspirants who are willing to settle it. I called my finance officer Ghulam Abbas and asked him to find a suitable place for the eight squares of Crownland which he did not have any difficulty in cultivating as soon as possible. The finance officer probably thought that maybe I wanted to give this land to one of my relatives. As soon as he saw it, he found a semi-inhabited land near the paved road and handed over all the papers to me after taking necessary action for allotment in the name of divine mercy.

God's People || A True Story Of A Poor Honest Man

When Rehmat-ul-Ilahi appeared at the second hearing, I offered this offering in his service and handed it over to the finance officer to help him in getting possession etc. and fulfilling all other needs. About 9 years later in Karachi. I was working with Field Marshal General Ayub when I received a registered letter in my name in the Presidency (at that time the capital of Pakistan was Karachi instead of Islamabad).

It was from Master Rehmat Elahi that by working on this land The three daughters are married and live happily in their own homes. He has also performed Hajj with his wife. Apart from buying a small plot of land for his living and accommodation, he has also built a mud house. In the same prosperity, he no longer needs eight square feet, so the complete papers of this allotment are sent back with this letter so that the need of another needy person can be met.

After reading this letter, I came to my senses for a while. I was sitting in such a daze that the President of Pakistan came to my room to talk. "What are you thinking?" He sensed the situation and asked. When he told the whole story of Elahi, he too was astonished. There was silence for a while and then he spoke suddenly. You have done a very good job.

God's People || A True Story Of A Poor Honest Man

 I telephoned the Governor of Lahore to name the land after you. "I earnestly requested that I do not deserve this award. Hearing this, the President of Pakistan said that you have no interest in acquiring agricultural land." No sir, ”I pleaded. In the end, only two yards of land is used for the grave, it is found somewhere or other.

Readers! The role of this incident is not present among us today but the role of Rehmat Elahi, a primary teacher of Jhang, is a beacon for all of us.


Post a Comment

0 Comments